- Sterling Music Room
- Sterling Music Room is a living room turned salon in the Brooklyn apartment of the artist Claudia Weber. While this salon draws inspiration from many places, including the transformations of a Rococo period room now in the Victoria & Albert Museum, London, at its heart it is a response to the rising rents and current luxurification of New York City. Through planned events as well as chance encounters, Sterling Music Room will examine the possibilities and poetics of a critical and engaged domesticity under the conditions of late capitalism. The following website serves as a notebook and extension to the project: sterlingmusicroom.tumblr.com
- For upcoming events and documentation please see: www.facebook.com/sterlingmusicroom
- March - June 2016
- Process Space Residency, NYC
- I am excited to announce that I have been invited by the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, NYC, to participate in this 4-months residency program, which will allow me to focus on my current long-term projects.
- About the LMCC Process Space
- January 8th - May 9th, 2016
- Oyster Perpetual
- Oyster Perpetual is a new work for Window | National that will be simultaneously on view in Asheville, NC as well as five satellite locations throughout the U.S. as part of a one-year public art project. Partnering organizations include The Olin Library at Rollins College (sponsored by The Cornell Fine Arts Museum), Winter Park, FL; Wayne State University Art Department, Detroit, MI; Normandale Community College, Bloomington, MN; Texas State University School of Art & Design, San Marcos, TX; and Passages Bookshop, Portland, OR.
- December 2015
- Announcing the Beta-Launch of Plot! www.plot.online
- It is an exciting moment for me to share Plot, a new editorial project I've been working on with Nawaaz Ahmed for the past year, and we are finally going public with it. Faced with an ever-proliferating stream of images on our digital devices and often in addictively gratifying formats that encourage mindless consumption, the mode of Plot is one of prolonged contemplation and attention to detail whereby images can be discussed within potent networks of conceptual and experimental relations.
Plot will work with contributors from a wide range of disciplines, starting with its initial release featuring Becca Albee, Alison Burstein, David Court, Andrew Finegold, Matt Garite, Wiebke Grösch & Frank Metzger, Oliver Husain, Claudia Weber, Kirsten Weiss, and Guy Witzel.
- Nov 7th - Dec 20th, 2015
- Of Gentle Birth
- Group Exhibition at Repair The World, Brooklyn
- Crown Heights, Bedford-Stuyvesant and Lefferts Gardens are three neighborhoods increasingly populated by newcomers; this change is part of a larger Brooklyn transformation. In response to this, artists from these neighborhoods were asked to produce and share works that engage with these places and themes. Participating artists: Daniel Bejar, Zachary Fabri, Heather Hart, Carl E. Hazlewood, Naomi Safran-Hon, Steffani Jemison, Baseera Khan, Kameelah Janan Rasheed, Gabriel Specter, Hidemi Takagi, and Claudia Weber.
- Curator: Jonathan Allen
- April 2015
- Support from the Puffin Foundation
- My long-term project 'Share' (tentative title) received funding from the Puffin Foundation, NJ